Nektar Bolt v1.0 WIN
Size 19 Mb
Bolt is Nektar’s first foray into the world of virtual instruments. It employs a new form of synthesis with unique sonic character and intuitive user interface.
Bolt enables a different and fast approach to sound design with an unusually organic and warm sonic character. Harmonics Synthesis generates and shapes the sound directly in the oscillator: It doesn’t require the dedicated filter section typically found on subtractive synthesizers. By turning just one knob, a wave’s shape can be changed from dark and subtle to bright and overtone-rich.
Harmonics Synthesis is based on the MSO (multi sine oscillator) concept by Professor Dr. Udo Zoelzer of Helmut Schmidt University in Hamburg, Germany. Mr Zoelzer is a scientist with decades of experience in digital signal processing and a passion for audio and synthesis. Over the last two years, the university and Nektar have collaborated on developing MSO into a full-blown synthesis engine.
BOLT: A DIFFERENT TAKE ON SYNTHESIS
BOLT’s synthesis engine generates a sound’s overtone structure directly in the oscillator. So you won’t find a filter section like in typical subtractive synthesizers.
The unique Harmonics Oscillator takes care of it all – just by turning the HARMONICS and ROLLOFF knobs you change a wave’s shape and core sound from subtle sine to bright pulse chain. ODD switches the oscillator to create odd harmonics only, If you additionally bring in DEEP, you will notice the waveforms to resemble saw or square shapes (with ODD active). In addition, each oscillator has its own amplitude envelope. So all you need for creating the core sound is right there!
• Unique new Harmonics Synthesis
• 4 oscillators (2 main, 2 sub)
• White noise generator per oscillator
• Unison Voice Double: Stack up to 4 instances
• Frequency modulation (FM)
• X-Mod: cross-modulation
• Overdrive stage for each oscillator
• ADSR envelope per oscillator
• 1 Modulation envelope generator
• 3 LFOs (13 waveforms & MIDI sync)
• 4 modulation targets per source (LFO 1-3, Mod EG)
• 4 FX processors: EQ, Chorus, Delay & Reverb
• Support for multiple sample rates
• Automatic 2-stage protection limiter
• Up to 16 voice polyphony
• Poly and mono modes
• 500+ Factory and Artist patches include
- Share on Facebook