Sonic Academy How To Make Chillwave with Kimasu TUTORIAL
This week we welcome back Scott Lowe who’s previous courses as Mescal Kids have gone down a storm! In this all-new ‘How To Make’ he is under his new alias Kimasu for a more downtempo melodic synth-heavy chillwave track called ‘Everyday’.
Building the track from scratch in Logic Pro Scott takes us step-by-step through the process of building the groove and basslines before tackling the chords, a massive 80’s sounding lead line, vocals and FX and then finishing off with a mixdown and master so it can be played out in all its glory!
Easy and simple to understand but with an epic sounding outcome this is an awesome course that you can follow along in any DAW.
Check it out!
- Tutorial 01 – Introduction and Playthrough
- Tutorial 02 – Drums Part 1
- Tutorial 03 – Drums Part 2
- Tutorial 04 – Mid Bass
- Tutorial 05 – Moog Bass
- Tutorial 06 – Breakdown Part 1
- Tutorial 07 – Breakdown Part 2
- Tutorial 08 – Vocals
- Tutorial 09 – 80’s Lead
- Tutorial 10 – Atmosphere and FX
- Tutorial 11 – Main Drop Part 1
- Tutorial 12 – Main Drop Part 2
- Tutorial 13 – Arrangement
- Tutorial 14 – Refining the Mix
- Tutorial 15 – Mastering
- Share on Facebook