HoRNet Tape v1.1.3 WIN & MAC [VST VST3 AU AAX]
Size 69 Mb
HoRNet Tape is a software simulation of the effect that magnetic tape apply to the signal recorded on it.
Tape was the recording medium of choice before digital took its place in the early 90s and has s distinct effect that helped to define the sound of the music of the 60s, 70s, and 80s.
What HoRNet Tape does is to apply the distinct saturation of tape to your tracks and also adds the specific frequency response of four different popular tape machines, each at two different speed, 15 or 30 inch per second.
Tape saturation acts differently on high and low frequency, saturating much faster at high frequencies and giving drums and vocals that peculiar “shhh” sound, low frequencies are made thicker and gain weight, this combined with the non-linear frequency response of tape decks creates the classic vintage sound.
HoRNet Tape emulation plugin allows you also to change the bias applied to the tape changing the saturation characteristics and allowing you to increase the effect.
The tape deck emulation includes both the typical frequency response given by the playback head and the internal electronics saturation, the frequency response alteration affects mainly the low part of the spectrum and is shifted up increasing the tape speed from 15 IPS to 30 IPS, we haven’t included wow and flutter in our simulation because on professional tape decks it was almost non existent.
We gave Tape the ability to automatically set its input gain thanks to our Auto Gain technology and help you target your “recording level” more easily allowing you to choose between +1, +2 or +3 VU, constant level monitoring is provided by the output compensation feature that will let you judge the effect without being fooled by loudness changes.
Since a plugin like this that is meant to go on every track is only useful if you can judge it’s effect on the complete mix we have added a grouping feature that will let you automatically copy some of the settings (like the deck type, the target input level, bypass, etc.) to every instance of the plugin set to the same group. Up to 8 groups are available.
HoRNet Tape – Analog tape simulation machine
- Analog tape saturation simulation.
- Emulation of four different decks.
- Two different tape speed for each deck.
- Output compensation for constant level monitoring.
- Input analog VU meters.
- Auto Gain with three different target levels.
- Three tape bias options.
- Analog hiss simulation.
- Hiss level setting.
- Group function to copy settings from instances.
- Bypass button.
- Mac OS X (>=10.7 Intel only) and Windows support.
- 64-bit compatibility both on Mac and Windows.
- Audio Units VST2.4, VST3 and AAX format.
HorNet Tape ChangeLog:
– Fixed issue with Logic Pro X not passing data for grouped plugins when transport is stopped
– Changed plugin category in Pro Tools to “Harmonics”
– Fixed crash in Studio One on macOS when the plugin was removed from the session.
– Fixed issue with restoring output level in VST version when input and output knobs are unlinked
– Added knob to change the amount of hiss.
– Fixed issue with output knob not updating input when controls are linked.
– Fixed compatibility with macOS high sierra
– Improved VU meters ballistic.
– Fixed auto gain behaviour.
– First release
- Share on Facebook