Psychic Modulation PulseCode v1.2 WIN & MACOSX
Size 505 Mb
PulseCode v1.2 VST/AU Drum Machine
PulseCode is a PCM Drum Machine that pays tribute to the gritty, lo-fi sounds from the late 1980s.
PulseCode takes a different approach to “sample-based drum synthesis”, using strategic layering concepts that are based on the various techniques used by producers of that era to get massive drums sounds.
All of the sounds supplied with PulseCode have been resampled in 12 and 13-bit with vintage gear to stay true to the era. Gated reverb is effortless with PulseCode, as each sound includes it’s own sampled 13-bit reverb layer recorded from a vintage unit from the same time period.
These techniques can usually be tedious and time consuming, but with PulseCode they are second nature.
The result is that big drum sound so prevalent in the 80s and often heard in EBM, Industrial, Electro, Coldwave, SynthPop and Synthwave.
But PulseCode is designed for experimentation and can easily be taken into uncharted territory for a more modern approach to these styles and beyond.
- 8 Drum Engines for loading up a variety of Sound Elements
- Each Element is made up of 6 layers: Core, Grit, Hit, Body, Reverb and Noise
- All layers of each Element have been sampled in 13-bit using vintage gear
- Compressor, Filter and Saturation per Drum Engine
- 64-step Pattern Sequencer with lane for each drum
- Unique Pattern Offsets for creating variations to your patterns
- Multi-parameter Accents for each step
- Individual Speed and Length for each Sequence Lane (allows polyrhythms)
- Adjustable Flams per step
- Flow: controls the movement and rhythmic flow of each sequence lane
- Fracture: momentary buildups and breakdowns using snap-back controls
- Drum Mixer with Multiple Outputs for each drum
- Drum Fill Arpeggiator for automatic rolls, fills and more
- Pitchbender & Modwheel integration of Fracture and Flow
- Tight sync to Host tempo and position
- MIDI Learn and automation of most parameters
- Sub-presets: separate load/save settings for Drum Engine and Sequencer
- Double Click Parameter Reset
- Intuitive patch management system
- Default bank of 128 example presets
- Includes several Sounds Elements to start out
- More soundpacks will be available in the future
PulseCode v1.2 update changelog:
PulseCode’s first major update introduces Swing, Humanize, Fill Arpeggiator enhancements, workflow improvements plus several extra goodies.
Left/Right arrows for quick Element browsing
Independent Swing control for each drum
Flow Offsets (alters the min/max level of the flow wave)
New Humanize feature added
Hard Gate mode
Direct Mode allows Air to send directly to Mixer, bypassing drum effects
Drum Fill Arpeggiator now includes a Velocity Sequencer + Sub-presets for saving custom fills
The Sequencer now has Global Copy/Paste, which can transfer all Sequencer settings (Pattern, Flow, Accents, etc) to other presets
- Share on Facebook