Arturia Augmented STRINGS v188.8.131.5284 VST VST3 AAX STANDALONE [WIN]
Arturia’s hallmark sound-modeling methods reach new heights with this dynamic string engine, offering a robust take on an orchestral suite. Sweetwater’s synthesists are pleased to report that Arturia has spared no effort to bring these strings to life, developing a unique fusion of sample-based audio with synthesized sound that is built on their award-winning TAE (True Analog Emulation) technology. This hybrid instrument incorporates a large variety of articulation and mic-placement configurations, with dedicated double bass, cello, viola, and violin. “Morph” functionality moves you between sample-based and synthesized layers, with multiple audio engines producing granular, harmonic, or wavetable flavors. Stack the mix with seven additional macro FX to orchestrate a dual-layer suite that transcends genres, coming to life in a way all its own.
Two worlds of sound, one simple function
Augmented Strings thrives due to its tremendous sonic range, operating with two primary, parallel layers: the sampled and the synthesized. Lifelike, world-class samples can be used to stunning, evocative affect, thanks to its dedicated recording and re-creation. State-of-the-art synthesis architecture delivers a vast array of rich sounds, ranging from retro to futuristic. Whether it’s an explosive bass or a transcendental pad, use the Morph function to freely blend the digital with the real, yielding unprecedented opportunities for brilliant harmonic texturizing tools. Bolster a traditional string arrangement, or construct something wholly unearthly — the choice is yours, and the choices are endless.
Strings, synths, and sounding between the lines
The sample library is built on 22 musicians who have experience performing as soloists as well as in an ensemble setting, providing over 60 styles of articulation across double bass, cello, viola, and violin. World-class recording technologies, renowned microphones, and stellar preamps faithfully capture the dimensional depth of these strings, re-creating the detail, energy, and room-feel of live strings. The ingenuity behind Pigments and V Collection sounds are explored through four synth engines: virtual analog, granular, wavetable, and harmonic. Paint soundscapes with genre-defying color, supplementing timeless strings with endless textural opportunity, pairing perfectly every from the dance floor to the Odeon.
Morph-ology and the FX fortress
Eight total parameters comprise the core “Morph” function that conducts these blends. Color, time, and motion controls can be fine-tuned on the fly, each adjusting multiple sub-parameters, bringing forth dynamic adjustments to synth controls, modulators, filter placements, and more. Delay and reverb master effects can wash your strings in space, or be controlled with nuance, thanks to the dedicated A and B FX channels. The Augmented Strings suite is ready to go, right out of the box, working as a standalone instrument or alongside every major DAW. Plus, it welcomes seamless MIDI integration as well.
Arturia Augmented Strings Features:
- Easily and intuitively blend robust strings and stellar synths with the simple “Morph” function to bring your strings to new life
- Full suite of double bass, cello, viola, and violin sounds via expertly recorded samples
- Over 60 styles of articulation are paired with world-renowned recording methods to provide near-endless opportunities for acoustic expression
- 4 synth engines use award-winning, state-of-the-art synth architecture to deliver virtual analog, wavetable, granular, and harmonic textures and tones
- Rich array of synth sounds allow for genre-transcending possibilities
- 50 factory presets offer a variety of starting points for crafting compelling soundscapes
- Macro FX let you control multiple parameters on the fly, adding greater depth and nuance to constructing luscious sounds
- Works as a standalone instrument or alongside any major DAWs
- MIDI integration makes for straightforward control opportunities in live and studio settings
- Mac/PC Standalone, VST 2.4, VST 3, AAX, AU, NKS (64-bit DAWs Only)
- Share on Facebook