Channel Robot Orchestral Dust v1.5 KONTAKT
Orchestral Dust is a dual voice ROMpler aimed at orchestral pad and under-score sounds. Orchestral Dust features version 2.5 of our innovative granular engine AGRA and offers a new approach to generating sounds using granular synthesis and produces some truly different and unique sounds, but always in the “orchestral” area
Orchestral Dust features 12 different multisampled orchestral instruments – and each has a set of articulations and ensemble sizes.
Orchestral Dust allows you independent maximum control over the grain playback for each voice. You can select gain(volume), audio file position and pitch of each grain, and within each of these you can set up your own loops for modulating and evolving sounds.
Orchestral Dust also includes many “classic” synthesis controls, like Attack, Release and filters, as well as a set of classic granular engine controls, like grain size(length), grain density(Rate), grain stereo spread(Width). All of these ad dup to the ability to create uniqe evolving lively sounds for your orchestral underscore.
Alongside these features Orchestra Dust has a powerful set of effects tracks and gates. There’s a send effects rack (with 4 different slots). There are also 4 convolution spaces for each voice, Overhead, Room, Studio and Hall. There’s our innovative and powerful tempo-based gating system that extends the normal trance-gate approach (which is volume-based) to add additional gating effects using things like different filter types and distortion effects.
We included our innovative scene controls too – you set three “Scenes” or key frames for volume, pan and pitch in each voice and use the mix control to morph between them. We even added our Drift Engine for subtle pitch drifting.
- A new wider, more spacious GUI layout
- Simplified granular controls with intelligent parameter management to allow faster access to usable and useful sounds
- A tweaked AGRA(granular) engine to be better suited to the orchestral sounds contained here
- The addition of 4 effects slots per voice, with each slot populated from a set of 20 different effects
- 90 new convolution spaces
- Additional “Octave Models”
- Assignable CC for swell and fade control
- “Walk” function for ever changing output
- Voice Browser with select-able “favouriting”
Orchestral Dust is available for Kontakt 5.8.1 (Not for Kontakt Player) and above and comes with over 60 snapshots.
How to set up Snapshots
First you need to find the spot where you should save the Orchestral Dust snapshots:
- Open Kontakt and navigate to the folder you created for Orchestral Dust
- Load Orchestral Dust.nki
- Click on the “spanner” at the top left
- Click on the “Instrument Options” button, the Instrument Options dialog box should open.
- Select “Snapshots” from the list on the left
(The path below “Snapshot Saving Location” will be slightly different.)
– Click “Show” and Kontakt will ask if you want to create a path, click Yes
– A folder will open, copy thecontents of Orchestral Dust Snapshots to this location.
- Share on Facebook