DS Audio Thorn v1.3.0 VST2 VST3 AU AAX
Thorn was made to provide you with a great tool for modern electronic music production. The main goal was to develop a top notch software synthesizer, which knows everything about creation process of punchy, snappy and aggressive modern sounds. Simplicity, flexibility and effectiveness are the key principles of Thorn. Just take a short tour through the carefully crafted sound library provided by Thorn (600+ presets!). We hope it contains lots of sounds you might want to put in your mix right away.
The sound engine in Thorn is built on Spectral Synthesis method, which gives you control over the harmonics involved into a forming process of a final timbre. Three Harmonic Oscillators with an additional Harmonic Filter cover all the needs for producing of a very wide range of modern sounds.
Two analog modeled multi-mode filters with a zero delay feedback path provided to charge your sound and make it shine through the mix. Analog envelopes, LFOs and multi-stage envelopes can be used to modulate any internal parameter you would like to.
A set of 9 high quality effects polish your sound and breathe life into it. In order to provide more fun DS Audio implemented a pattern-based Glitch sequencer in Thorn. Today glitch-effects become an essential part of many electronic music genres and we hope you will find Glitch module very handful and inspiring.
Have fun with Thorn!
- Additive synthesis engine with spectral effects, harmonic filtering and FM, RM, PWM, Hard Sync support
- Analog modeled filters with sensitive internal saturation stages
- 3x ADSR, 3x LFO, 2x Multi-stage Envelopes
- 9 high quality effects
- Glitch sequencer
- Noise Oscillator with WAV-sample playback feature
- Added native Apple Silicon architecture support for Mac
- Plugin Data folder can be relocated on Windows now
- Added support for Oddsound MTS-ESP microtuning
- Fixed crash in Logic Pro X
- Fixed UI updating issues on macOS 11.3X
- Dropped 32bit support for both Windows and Mac
- Increased popup menu size
- Return key press does not trigger preset changes now
- All parameter changes now correctly reported back to DAW. This has been causing issue with external controllers
- Fixed incorrect GUI scaling for dual monitor setup
- Added “Load Preset…” command for preset browser
- Few minor fixes and adjustments
- Share on Facebook