Future Media Academy Advanced Mixing Techniques with Re:Set TUTORIAL
Congratulations! You’ve assembled your sounds nicely and your track is almost complete. Now… What’s next? The MIXING! Explained by Re:Set/Artificial Behavior.
Fran aka Re:Set is a music producer, sound engineer and sound designer at Hypertone Studio based in Berlin. His projects Re:Set, Artificial Behavior, Mud and Nocturnalism.
We are pleased to host Re:Set’s 3 hour mixing lesson and a Q&A of a well-produced Dark Prog track from a student of Francesco.
During the webinar Francesco will show different strategies, techniques and the philosophy behind a powerful, emotional and ready-to-use sound mixing in the post-production of a track.
Theoretical and practical aspects of the mixing process
- Studio Acoustics (Room correction)
- Monitoring (Speaker placement, Headphones correction & mistakes)
- 5 Steps for a better Production (..and mixing)
- Musical Brain
- Function (and goals)
- Turning your weakness into strength
- Preparation of the mixing process and headspace (how to be simple and effective!)
- Drum Tuning and Sample replacement
- Rhythm and Frequency content (Analysis)
- Eq (Separation between sounds — when and why — dealing with mud and resonances)
- Contrast (Sparse to Dense and Bright to Dark)
- Stereo Placement / Space vs Frequencies (Mono vs Stereo — Panning)
- The importance of the Mono signal (how to achieve a wider mix)
- Compression and Motion (Philosophy & Most common mistakes)
- Transient Shaping (Transients vs Body)
- Multiband Processing (Dynamics and Saturation)
- Clipper vs Limiter (difference, when and why)
- Analog Emulations (Color, Harmonic Distortion)
- Reflectivity (Far to Near)
- FXs (Why the effect is [often] more important than the sound itself)
- Automations (To create/enhance contrast and emotion)
- M/S mixing techniques
- Perceived loudness tips & tricks
- Phase Coherency (learn to read the Oscilloscope)
- Referencing other Mixes (Ego, mixing notes)
- Finishing your Mix… and learn to say goodbye!
- Share on Facebook