Learn The 7 Types Of Gospel Passing Chords [TUTORIAL]
Learn the Seven types of passing chords used by pianist to achieve that Gospel Sound!
What you’ll learn:
- You Learn how to use the 2-5-1 Passing chord technique when going from C major to A minor
- You learn how to use the Minor Chromatic Passing chord technique
- You learn how to use Diminished Chromatic Passing Chords
- You learning how to use Tritone Substitution Passing Chords
- The course is approximately 2hours and 14mins long
- Students need to be at a minimum Intermediate skill level to take this course
- The course is heavy on chord theory, with many practical examples using actual songs. One will need to study the material and practice the concepts regularly.
Must be comfortable using and spell Seventh Chords. Much be comfortable playing in the key of C.
What is the ONE tool those advanced pianists use to achieve that “Gospel Sound?”PASSING CHORDS!Yes, that’s correct. Passing Chords are the most powerful tool for modern Gospel pianists, and YOU can also achieve that sound. In this course, I have identified the seven most used passing chords in Gospel music, and I teach it all in the key of C.By the end of this course, you will learn about these seven types of passing chords: 2-5-1, Minor Chromatic, Diminished Chromatic, Secondary Dominant, First Inversion, and Tritone Substitution. You will not only master advanced chords, but you’ll also learn all those movements you hear the other guys play but never could wrap your head around what they’re doing. All those movements are revealed, and NOTHING is held back; I lay it all on the “table” in the key of C.In this course, I also demonstrated all these passing chords on ten popular worship songs and hymns – so you’re learning “practical passing chords,” not just theory “stuff” that has no practical application during service.This is the course I wish I had when I started playing for my church. If you’re serious about taking your worship passing chords to the next level, this is the course you MUST have.
Section 1: 2-5-1 Passing Chords
- Lecture 1 Gospel Passing Chords – Intro
- Lecture 2 Lesson 1: 2-5-1 Passing Chords
- Lecture 3 Lesson 2: As The Deer
Section 2: Minor Chromatic Passing
- Lecture 4 Lesson 3: Minor Chromatic Passing
- Lecture 5 Lesson 4: Center Of My Joy
Section 3: Diminished Chromatic Passing
- Lecture 6 Lesson 5: Diminished Chromatic Passing
Section 4: Lesson 6: Secondary Dominant
- Lecture 7 Lesson 6: Secondary Dominant
- Lecture 8 Lesson 7: I Don’t Know Why Jesus Loves Me
Section 5: Tritone Substitution and First Inversion Passing Chords
- Lecture 9 Lesson 8: Tritone Substitution
- Lecture 10 Lesson 9: First Inversion Passing
Section 6: Demonstration Of All The Passing Chords Covered In The Previous Lessons
- Lecture 11 Lesson 10: Surely The Presence Of The Lord
- Lecture 12 Lesson 11: Jesus Keep Me Near The Cross
- Lecture 13 Lesson 12: I Am Thine O Lord
- Lecture 14 Lesson 13: I Will Bless The Lord
- Lecture 15 Lesson 14: ‘Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus
Intermediate players and above.
- Share on Facebook