Truefire Frank Vignola’s Jazz Standard Learning System: On Green Dolphin Street TUTORIAL
10-Step Learning System for Jazz Standards on Guitar
In this edition of Frank Vignola’s 10-Step Learning System, you’ll learn how to play all of the parts for the popular jazz standard, On Green Dolphin Street.
”The best way to learn how to play jazz guitar is learning how to play jazz standards. The more you expand your repertoire, the more your knowledge, and technique will advance. Over the years, I’ve developed a 10-Step approach that not only works very effectively for my students — I use it myself every time I learn a new song!
We’ll break the song down into individual parts, which you’ll learn and practice with me. Over the 10 Steps, you’ll learn the chord progressions, the melody, comping approaches, melodic embellishments, discover scale connections in the changes, develop soloing strategies, and even build a chord melody arrangement for the song.”
10-STEP LEARNING SYSTEM:
- Step 1: Learn the Basic Chords to the Song
- Step 2: Learn the Melody to the Song
- Step 3: Comping Approach for the Song 1
- Step 4: Comping Approach for the Song 2
- Step 5: Embellishing the Melody for the Song 1
- Step 6: Embellishing the Melody for the Song 2
- Step 7: Finding Scale Connections
- Step 8: Soloing Approaches for the Song 1
- Step 9: Soloing Approaches for the Song 2
- Step 10: Chord Melody Arrangement for the Song
Once you’ve worked through all of the parts, you’ll jam with Frank trading choruses just like you would on the bandstand.
You’ll get standard notation and tabs for all of the performance studies. Plus, you’ll be able to use TrueFire’s learning tools to sync the tab and notation to the video lesson. You can also loop or slow down the videos so that you can work with the lessons at your own pace.
Grab your guitar and let’s dive deep into another classic jazz standard with Frank Vignola!
- Share on Facebook